Monday, September 21, 2009

Spain doesn't only have great food......


Here's a new release on the best power pop label in Spain, Rock Indiana, by a band called Collection 2....I think. I've only had the chance to give this two or three listenings, and I always hate bands who attempt to sing in something other than their native language...but these guys are GOOD. If I were to describe them in a word, it would be "Jangly Ramones". Okay, so that's two words. Wise-ass. The disc starts out with guitars a janglin' on the Plimsouls / Paul Collins influenced She Said She Loves Me, what would have been a natural single. Beat Me Up could be a Ramones out-take if it weren't for the guitars (which I LOVE), and the beginning of The Swing Time made me think I was about to hear the Ramones doing Needles and Pins (Remember that one?). All in all, a very nice effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment